Monday, September 25, 2006

Bizarre knitting injuries

When I used to play the piano, I used to find myself getting a sprained jaw occassionally. I realised it was because when I am concentrating, particularly when I was performing, I would clench my jaw tight. Recitals were around 35 - 45 minutes. And practicing would be around 4 hours a day.

Which meant muchos painos. And it took me a long time to realise what caused it.

For the past couple of days I've been having the same problem. It hurts.
I've been doing some doodling for a project I'm working on (embroidery this time, not knitting..oooh), and i stopped and put the pencil in my mouth while I did some calculations on my laptop. When I took the pencil out, boy did it hurt.

I'm working on Rogue at the moment, a jumper with cabled panels. I hold the cable needle in my mouth exactly the same way.

I've mananged to sprain my jaw through knitting.

Wow. I am good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home