Wednesday, March 22, 2006

So, like many others, I want to make Knitty's BPT.
Two good things, a) it's gorgeous b) I can make the smallest size
One bad thing - more yarn.
Right now I can't afford more yarn, and also should probably finish the Corset Pullover I've just started, and Under the Hoodie, which I started months and months ago.
But I can still think about yarn, right?
The wonderful Yarndex gave me these two :
Rowan all seasons
I made my flower hat in this and is lovely ot work with.
and
Debbie bliss cashmerino aran
which is also amazing.
However, these are pretty expensive.
I quite like this Patons washed haze aran (I do want a varigated yarn).

I could buy some yarn from texere (mmm..texere) and dye it. Something I've never done before but want to try. Maybe I should start off with a simple bag or hat though?
Maybe the chunky wool?

I'd rather knit with the debbie bliss or the rown, because I know they are good quality, but I'm not sure I can justify it at the moment. *le sigh*
The good thing about knitty is they tell you what weight of what yarn you'll need. So I think I need 1350g of a worsted weight yarn.
At least I know that much.

1 Comments:

Blogger Alice said...

have you tried cucumber patch

they have rowanspun REALLY cheap

6:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home