Sunday, October 15, 2006

What to knit next?

So Rogue is finished (no pictures as yet, I've been at the boys for the weekend and now it is dark and I really need a friend to help me). I really want to knit another jumper. I like knitting hats and smaller things like that but jumpers, cardigans, other big projects are my favorite. I love things I can really get my teeth into, so to speak. But I really can't decide what to knit next!
I can think of four things that I would love to knit right now:
an adapted Sherwood,
BPT,
Serrano,
or the Fairly Easy Fair Isle cardigan from Stitch and Bitch Nation.

While I think that Serrano is lovely, I'm not sure it's something I can be bothered with right now, nor something that will be weather-suitable by the time is it finisehd. I'm tempted to knit BPT while theoretically adapting Sherwood to my size. Thoughts?

I'm still on the hunt for a job, and probably going to go on the "dole" fairly soon. I don't think I'm suited to working, I'm more academically minded. I'm tempted to find a masters course to do, although I wouldn't want to do something in music. I'm tempted to apply to a diploma in stage management, or a degree in costuming, but I know it's hugely competative and I don't think I have anything to offer that everyone else doesn't in that arena (except, in the case of stage management, possibly my gender). I'm interested in etymology. I'm interested in mythology, and folklore. But I don't know anything about either of these subjects.
I guess its good to not know what I want to do as it means I could have a crack at anything. On the other hand, it means I have far too many options open to me. I can't even chose which jumper to knit next!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home